From 1 April 2021 the National Living Wage and the National Minimum Wage rates will be increasing as follows: –
- Age 23* and above (National Living Wage) will be increasing from £8.72 to £8.91 per hour
- 21 to 22 will be increasing from £8.20 to £8.36 per hour
- 18 to 20 will be increasing from £6.45 to £6.56 per hour
- Under 18 (but above compulsory school leaving age) will be increasing from £4.55 to £4.62 per hour
- Apprentices** will be increasing from £4.15 to £4.30 per hour
*Please note the age bracket has altered and National Living Wage now applies to age 23 and over
**Apprentices are entitled to the apprentice rate if they are aged under 19 or aged 19 or over and in their first year of their apprenticeship.